The “stolen or borrowed” post is with the #’s. My comments are in ALL CAPS!
1. Your shoes are the first thing people subconsciously notice
about you. Wear nice shoes.
BUT I DO NOT WEAR SHOES!!! SO LOOK AT MY TOES???
2. If you sit for more than 11 hours a day, there’s a 50% chance
you’ll die within the next 3 years.
THEN I AM GOING TO START SITTING A LOT AND NOT SLEEP FOR THE NEXT 11 DAYS. THE NOT SLEEPING PART WILL MAKE SENSE LATER.
3. There are at least six people in the world who look exactly
like you. There’s a 9% chance that you’ll meet one of them in your lifetime.
GOD BLESS THOSE SIX PEOPLE… POOR THINGS 😦
4. Sleeping without a pillow reduces back pain and keeps your
I’M GIVING UP SLEEPING. FEEL FREE TO TAKE MY PILLOWS!
5. A person’s height is determined by their father,
and their weight is determined by their mother.
THIS EXPLAINS A LOT…
6. If a part of your body “falls asleep”, you can almost always
“wake it up” by shaking your head.
ARE YOU SITTING THERE SHAKING YOUR HEAD RIGHT NOW, TOO?
7. There are three things the human brain cannot resist noticing:
food, attractive people, and danger.
DANGER DANGER DANGER WILL ROBINSON OR ROBERTSON… Gil used to say that all of the time. Wish I had paid better attention…
8. Right-handed people tend to chew food on their right side.
WHAT ABOUT THOSE OF US WHO PLAY THE PIANO WITH BOTH HANDS?
9. Putting dry tea bags in gym bags or smelly shoes will absorb
the unpleasant odor.
WHAT ABOUT FLIP-FLOPS?
10. According to Albert Einstein, if honey bees were to disappear
from earth, humans would be dead within four years.
BUT I WOULDN’T GET STUNG AND HAVE TO TAKE MEDICINE THEN EITHER.
11. There are so many kinds of apples, that if you ate a new one
every day, it would take over 20 years to try them all.
OKAY THEN… off to Publix I go!
12. You can survive without eating for weeks, but
you will only live 11 days without sleeping.
TOLD YOU SO…
13. People who laugh a lot are healthier than those who don’t.
I MUST BE IN PERFECT HEALTH THEN!!! CAUSE I AM ALWAYS LAUGHING!
14. Laziness and inactivity kills just as many people as smoking.
THUS THE SITTING FOR OVER 11 HOURS EACH DAY…
15. A human brain has a capacity to store five times as much
information as Wikipedia.
SHOULDN’T THIS READ… a NORMAL human brain?
16. Our brain uses the same amount of power as a 10-watt light bulb!!
IS THAT WHY WHEN YOU HAVE A BRILLIANT THOUGHT YOU SAY THAT A LIGHT BULB JUST WENT ON?
17. Our body gives enough heat in 30 minutes to boil 1.5 liters
18. The Ovum egg is the largest cell and the sperm is the smallest
IMAGINE THAT. I DON’T UNDERSTAND THIS ONE AT ALL.
19. Stomach acid (conc. HCL) is strong enough to dissolve
AGAIN… I SAY… PROVE IT!!!
20. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day and while you walk,
SMILE. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
H???MMM… sounds like a runner’s high to me! LOVE THAT HIGH 🙂
21. Sit in silence for at least ten minutes each day.
22. When you wake up in the morning, pray to ask God’s guidance
for your purpose today.
23. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food
that is manufactured in plants.
24. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, broccoli,
WHO ARE YOU? MY MOTHER?
25. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
WELL ISN’T THAT THE PURPOSE OF LIFE??? Do this experiment… as you walk up toward a person, smile… really smile at them. Watch how many give you a funny look! It’s hilarious!
26. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires,
issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control.
Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
YEAH. AND GET RID OF THE TOXIC PEOPLE, TOO.
27. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner
like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
PEOPLE ACTUALLY EAT THREE TIMES A DAY? WOW!
28. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
AMEN AND AMEN!!!
29. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
Forgive them for everything.
YES & AMEN! And forgive yourself, too.
30. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
31. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
OR JUST DO NOT ARGUE! SIMPLE, HUH?
32. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
IS THIS A HALLMARK CARD?
33. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their
journey is all about.
34. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
35. Frame every so-called disaster with these words:
‘In five years, will this matter?’
36. Help the needy, Be generous! Be a ‘Giver’ not a ‘Taker’.
37. What other people think of you is none of your business.
IF THEY THINK IT IS, ASK TO SEE THEIR BUSINESS CARD FOR YOUR LIFE.
38. Time heals everything.
I’M NOT SURE ABOUT THIS ONE…
39. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
40. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick.
Your friends will. Stay in touch.
UHHHHHHHHHH… and then we have facebook. Which I happen to strongly dislike. There are “friends” and then there are “FRIENDS”.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. Each night before you go to bed, pray to God and
be thankful for what you accomplished today.
ABSOLUTELY!!! SWEET DREAMS MATERIAL 🙂
43. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.